An occupational therapy driving assessment can help your client return to safe driving where possible, and as soon as possible in a safe and appropriate manner.
An occupational therapy driving assessment is a comprehensive functional assessment that includes both an initial assessment and an on road component. This type of assessment is considered the gold standard for determining fitness to drive internationally (Kay et al, 2008) and can take up to 3 hours to complete.
Williams Occupational Therapy has qualified and experienced driver assessors for all types of vehicles. This includes, but is not limited to:
- light vehicles for the drive to and from work, daily life, but also at work.
- motorcycle or scooter
- van, mini-bus or large passenger bus
- light rigid, medium rigid, heavy rigid, heavy combination, and multiple combination trucks
- forklift and plant operation
- mining and farm machinery
As an established provider in the Return To Work SA Injury Management and Insurance sector, Williams Occupational Therapy Driver Assessment and Rehabilitation service has a great deal of understanding of the process and the respective goals of all parties involved. If you have concerns about your client’s medical fitness to drive, Williams Occupational Therapy is the ideal corporate partner.