Who is Williams OT?
Like any other company, we here at Williams OT live by our core values, share one vision and mission. But we are not ones to put it up on the wall for show and just ignore them. We want to share them with you so you can see what we are about, but also for you to keep us accountable.
Continue reading below as we share our core values, vision
Williams OT Services
- Occupational Therapy Driver assessments for light vehicle, heavy vehicle, motorcycle, and machinery
- Learner assessment, rehabilitation and training for those with a disability
- Experienced driver rehabilitation and training for drivers with a disability
- Vehicle equipment and modifications to assist overcome physical disability for driving
- Corporate driver training and assessment to assist prevent lower back pain and enhance driver health.
- NDIS Registered
Williams Occupational Therapy, or simply Williams OT, is focused on the driver with a medical condition or disability. Williams OT has encompassed all the required services in one location rather than dealing with three or more different companies. Williams OT offers a high-quality assessment; we have the best rehabilitation and training, and we install of vehicle equipment and vehicle modifications that are customized for the client and their needs (not a product that needs to be moved off the shelf).
Williams OT offers excellence in service and support and invites clients to join our family.
A Driver Trained OT, Specialized driving instructor and Vehicle modifier for every 1,000,000 people.
Williams Occupational Therapywill be the most trusted, all-inclusive, Australia wide brand for helping drivers experience the freedom and independence of driving by assisting them to overcome functional and medical challenges that otherwise limit their ability to drive in a comfortable, safe and/or appropriate manner.
All the pieces of the Driving Puzzle for People with a Disability
Williams Occupational Therapy is all about the freedom of independent driving.
We fight for people with a disability or medical condition’s independence in driving because we understand the freedom that comes from driving independently and not relying on others for life tasks such as getting to and from work, picking up the kids, getting a loaf of bread from the local shops, going for a Sunday drive, or traveling around Australia.
- Live by your Diary
- Be on time
- Attend all commitments
- Complete all requirements – keep your promises
- Everything has a place – put it back
- Take responsibility for your actions (no blaming or excuses)
- Be warm and friendly
- Laugh at yourself
- Solutions focussed
- Have a can-do attitude
- Celebrate wins
- Have fun
- Lend a hand to each other
- Ask for help when required
- Have each other’s back
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Contribute ideas and make suggestions for growth
- Provide constructive feedback
- Always, always, always totally explore the person, the environment and the occupation
- Always explore all options to find best outcomes
- Lead with confidence – lead the client to best outcomes
- Don’t cotton wool clinical evidence
- Recommend our signature systems, but understand that everyone is unique
- Be an expert, be a specialist, even if we cant call our self one – Keep across research and resources
- Ethical at all times
- Embrace change
- Listen to and take on feedback – it wont be repeated
- Acknowledge your gaps in knowledge and skills and look to reverse this
- Ask if you are not sure
- Always look at the evidence and do your professional development
- Step outside your comfort zone
- We learn from mistakes so they don’t happen again
- Take action over procrastination – don’t wait to be asked
- Don’t assume someone else will do it
- Share your updates with the team
- Put your hand up
- Solve the problem before it becomes one
- Find ways to go above and beyond
- Innovate and initiate
- There is no such thing as a bad idea, just ideas and no ideas. Ideas shape the course of history
- Work towards the common goal
- Achieve personal goals
- Be proud of where you work and what you do – you make a huge difference
- Put everything into what you do
- Be dependable and a team player
- Have a conversation over an email or text
- We have two ears and one mouth. Use them accordingly. Listen twice as much as you talk. Ask questions and listen for answers
- Treat every client with respect and explore their background
- Step into the shoes of the referrer and make their process as smooth and effortless as possible
- Greet all people, not just your caseload
- Check that other people are OK
- Respect and take an interest in other’s belongings
- Celebrate each other’s wins
So, now that you know what values, mission and vision we live by, we would like you to let us know any of the times you catch us doing something right or wrong. In a comment below this blog post tell us how we are performing according to our core values and vision and mission. Or write us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org
We love feedback.
Leave a comment